Marching.
Iba andando en el camino del desierto
de Zulu
hacia el norte del real.
Iba buscando entre cactús que iluminan
con su luz,
que iluminan la verdad.
This morning, a black car preceded by rows of marching, mounted soldiers in red-feathered hats made their way towards Plaza de la Provincia. (I believe the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is there.) I know this because that Plaza is the closest to my house and stands between me and the train station. I had to slip through the parade to get to school on time. I am truly a ninja.
Shopping for classes is a little like marching in that it requires stamina: I was in class from 10.30 to 18.00, with a 15 minute break. But, I found some choice cuts. First, Derecho Diplomatico, where I learn about how cool it would be to be a Diplomat and meet other law intercambios. Second, Derecho Canonico, which confuses me because I am pretty sure it's a 3hr/week class about the laws of marriage. Third, and best, Tecnicas de Expresiones Escrita y Oral, in which a 70yr old man on the verge of retirement orates in a style akin to HAIR! the musical, frequently running up and down and into the aisles and grabbing students on the shoulders to emphasize his point; he promises to teach me to bellow, and assigns weekly diary entries in which we must opine on the class, the world, and recently experienced art. I love him, a little bit. He seemed distinctly delighted that I would choose to take his last class ever. (I am the only intercambio in it.)
After an almost 8 hour day on coffee and fruit, I deliriously assured myself that a Bikram Yoga class was exactly the way to finish. I was wrong. I was dizzy. I would have killed the instructor to get out of the 100 + degree classroom but I was too weak. I liked the part I was upright for though; and the part I watched... I'll return tomorrow fortified with a hearty breakfast, a large lunch, and maybe, like, a small whale in my stomach, too.
I stumbled home to skype with family (yay!) and to find the plumber not only fixed my clogged sink, but cleaned it, too!
Sweet sweet sleep time.

0 Reflections:
Post a Comment
<< Home