Ramblings
135 Minutes of Commute: Joshua Redman Quartet
(in leiu of Medesky Martin & Wood, which I have yet to pilfer from QB's computer)
Email to me: Tell me how you came interested in so many different things
My Response: How I came to be interested in so many different things? That is a very good question, and one that no one has ever asked me before. There is just so much in the world that I don't know; I can't imagine knowing 1/10 of all there is but wow I want to. How can you use math to model wars? How similar is love to cocaine addiction and how does that apply to my life -- are feelings real? (If you read the economist then you know where my questions stem from right now.) Does the ratio of autistic males to autistic females lend credence the idea (stereotype?) that men are in fact better at science and math than women are, or is it all really just the overarching shadow of a still-patriarchal society? What is a fact (i.e. compare a tale written by the suppressor and one by the oppressor and suddenly the facts are not so factual anymore.)? God there are just SO MANY QUESTIONS. How can you ever be bored with life?
So, I guess I'm just curious about everything. Philosophy, science, art, language and how they all intertwine.
I blame New York.
And my HS for introducing me to people who are extremely talented in so many things.
And growing up with parents from two very distinctly different cultures and thereby learning that there is always more than one way to see things.
Perhaps I didn't so much answer the question as create 5327 new ones. Yes, I think I went off on a tangent or 10.

1 Reflections:
you may blame external stimuli...
but intellectual curiosity can just be a function of a superior brain. so maybe your mind's just fly like that.
Post a Comment
<< Home