Friday, July 15, 2005

Catharsis

135 Minutes of Commute: Escondite Ingles - Shakira
Yo seré tus deseos hechos piernas
Una idea recurrente de la fascinación
Yo seré un complot para tu mente
El objeto y la causa de tu perdición
Y tu buena suerte

This week I scrubbed the kitchen, disinfected the bathroom, laundered almost every cloth in the apartment, cleared my living room of the chaos that formerly inhabited it and put my bedroom in order. Last night I drowned myself in twists and turns and dives disguised as the spoken word; I reveled in art: FLS, whispers of PS1. Today I ingested Shakira's new album; I rose and fell with her: love, devotion, betrayal, rage. Tomorrow I will dance dance dance, and sweat gleaming salty wet. This was a week, spring and summer of scouring, of purging, of resurfacing the pure marble and melody that lay beneath.

When comes recuperation, restoration?

0 Reflections:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daily Sustenance

Awaiting Consumption

Memorable Aliment