Morrocco
A 1.5 hour bus tour to the windy town of Tarifa and a 35-minute boat-ride brought us to Tangiers, Morroco, Africa. The first half of the day we drove around the very-hilly city in large bus tours. I rode a camel for all of 3 minutes and we watched a man charm a snake, by which I mean he poked a black cobra a few times to make it stand up a bit... it looked dangerous. We walked around the city´s small streets a fair amount, including through a quarter full of residences that lay in the middle of a Portuguese fort built in the 1400s. Lunch was a noodle soup and chicken with cabbage and raisin couscous followed by the crimped edges of a pastelito smothered in honey (scrumptious, I swear!) and fresh, sweet mint tea. After lunch we were carted around through markets and to a few stores. We walked through piles of fresh fruits and vegetables, past jewelry stands and tiny store fronts where men were making clothes.

0 Reflections:
Post a Comment
<< Home